Eden Festival 2016 opens it gates next Thursday (9th June 2016), showcasing fresh music and electrifying performances with over 250 acts performing across 11 stages; from auld eclectic drinking dens, to tropical dance tents, circus styled cocktail bars and Indian wedding marquees filled with hammocks and bath tubs, there’s something for everyone!
Headliners this year include Skye and Ross from Morcheeba, Andreya Triana, King Charles, Gentlemans Dub Club and the Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show.
There are plenty of free activities for children including arts and crafts, forest skills, circus tricks, carpentry, stone masonry, ironmongery and more.
With so much to do, we have pulled together a top ten must see’s at this years Eden Festival.
1. The Paint Fight – Your face is bland make it colourful at the main stage after Mr Motivators Work Out.
2. Ride the Big Wheel – Rise up over the canopy and see the garden from spectacular heights.
3. Eden Olympics – Umpired by Mr Motivator
4. Vintage Drive in cinema
5. Kids Procession
6. Theatre in the woods
7. Woodland Sauna
8. Main stage Ceilidh – Here comes the big dance, grab your partner.
9. Daisy Dave and his Hoe and Grow – Come sow a seed and soak up the sun.
10. And of course as much music as you can muster.
Director, Adam Curtis said: “We are expecting 8000 on the field this year and predominantly families. It is great that the festival has grown to support a great range of music, arts and activities, as well as tourism for the local area. The big exciting new space for this year is the Thunderdome, a coliseum-esque structure with a boxing ring in the middle to host dance battles, jelly wrestling and many other fun activities. We look forward to making the Garden blossom for its 8th year. See you on the dance floor!”
Eden Festival is on from the 9th-12thJune 2016 in the Raehill Meadows of Dumfries Scotland.
Tickets start from £115 for adults, teenagers £85 and under 12’s are free.
For more information visit: www.edenfestival.co.uk
June 15, 2016 at 9:04 am